♥ Instagram ♥

Follow me on Instagram : @joweykong

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Guangzhou Part 1

Finally I'm back to blog again. I just settle down yesterday after moving to a new room, as a tourguide for my parents and of course for my Guangzhou trip as well. Actually visiting China has never been come across to my mind as I dont really interested in China all the way while until I met my new colleague in Sephora, Renee from China. And of course I didn't expect that we could go for a trip to China together and our planning and decision was really fast! Well, not only Renee and I will be going for this trip but also another colleague who named, Belle. That was really fun time together and it was an enjoyable trip after all. Shall I start my Day 1 in Guangzhou ?

Here we go, ....

We are taking Tiger Airways to Guangzhou from Singapore as this is the only budget airline to fly there. Our flight is in the morning 06.05am and we will be arriving in Guangzhou at 09.50pm so the timing is just nice for us to reach there because the trip from Guangzhou airport to town will takes ard an hour. Its better for you to take MRT to town because it will be more faster and much more safe as the cab in Guangzhou will 'chop' your $$$ if they know you're a foreigner.



Before taking off...







After 3 hours of sleep and doing nothing in the flight for an hour, finally we reached GUANGZHOU !! 
So excited about it and can't wait to reach the town! 
Don't feel tired at all when you are so excited over something and of course, we are damn hungry too !! 

Well, we actually took the metro train *socalled MRT* from Guangzhou Baiyun Airport to the area where we going to stay. Can't really remember whats the stop. Their metro train speed is even faster than our train in Singapore and it is because the gap from a station to another station is quite far as China is a real big place. 

Now finally we reached the place and we actually looking for a cab to the hotel but we ended up took 'tuk tuk' to the hotel. We actually got cheated for the first time because the uncle charged us for 30 yuan where is only costs us about 20yuan. Well, its a first time for us so got cheated is for sure one.. 



I actually forgotten to take a picture of the hotel room that we get somewhere around near 'Shi San Hang' which is New Asia Hotel. Its just very normal hotel room that we last minute got it as we don't satisfied with the very 1st hotel. As for the price is .... DAMN CHEAP !! I think probably only cost each of us $18 per night. Isn't it cheap although is not those high end hotel. 
Hmmm... at least I took down a picture of the lamp in our room while I lied on the bed after an exhausting flight journey. 

After we take a rest and it's time to strat our journey liao. 
The very first thing that came across our mind is FOOD !! 
Yes, FOOD...we are starving....
Eventually we settle down in a small restaurant that sell porridge and 'Chu Chang Fen' after walking a long way from our hotel to 'Shang Xia Jiu' street. 

Here we go!!! 








Its a Hong Kong style of 'Zhu Chang Fen' and it's my craving for all times!! OMG, the taste is so fantastic and expecially the porridge. The texture when once you put into your mouth, you really can feel the sweet and tasty porridge melts in your mouth... I miss it so muchhh!!! I guess it's the best porridge I've ever tried LOL.. 

Before I continue, I actually don't take really much picture down as when I took out my camera, everyone is staring at me and my friends keep on reminding me that I have to be really careful to my belongings when I'm there so I abit scare to hang my camera around me at all times, so I just focus into my shopping unless there's some particular things I wanted to snap down. But, I will still try my best to show y'all the best picture during my journey in Guangzhou... Alright, let's continue now.. haha


 After our blissful lunch, what's next on our list? SHOPPING HERE WE COMEEEE!! 

The first store we visited is Mirror, this boutique actually quite similar to SUB in Malaysia. They only sell black clothes for their entire store. I can say that it's a good choice to shop in the boutique as the quality is perfect and the most important, is the price are so reasonable. I bought a Classic Fullover pants from them and only costs me $18, the quality is as good as the branded ones. Trust me! 

We also visited Watsons in China, their staff in Watsons is like staffs in Sephora, they actually serve all the customers and do demo for them. You can really feel the differences as they actually serve you when you're in the drugstores..Sounds attractive right? haha . Not only this, they actually have more brands for makeup in their Watsons too. They even have Max Factors counter, tons types of masks and I think a MUST TRY mask is MG by China. I actually read alot of good feedbacks and reviews when I research the info of their products, and of course, Luckily I bought them back too hahaha. the price is only $7 per pack of the mask which you can use it over 10 times. 

I know it's time to show you some interesting view of 'Shang Xia Jiu' street first..haha





After a long walk, guess it's time for dessert and rest our sore legs...
So we found a dessert house in one of the mall, can't really remember what is the name of the dessert store, but it's famous one in China. 






Is the desserts picture tempt you to dessert house now? 
Well, you must try their dessert expecially the Papaya boiled Fungus soup. 
It's good to our skin and beauty.. Perfect for lady always... 

Then, we continue shop again at the same place and we gonna shop till drop already from one the first day. 
The items is all so cheap till you are so tempted to buy and the main point is their item is all on trend one, how can you being a lady control yourself from not buying. I can guarantee,confirmed,chopped 90% of all the ladies can die for not shopping. Im one of the 90% ladies.LOL. 
I even feel guilty for not buying those good quality and cheap goods lohh.. 


A naked face of mine, taken in one of the mall in 'Shang Xia JIu' street while waiting Belle choosing for her dress. 

Good time flies real fast, the day slowly strikes to night time, time to had dinner and bed time for us...
We 'tabao' some streets food back to the hotel , the BBQ pork is freaking nice till I can still remember the taste of it now.. Really miss all the foods in Guangzhou so much. 










The food streets abit similar to Taiwan, although I didn't been to Taiwan before.. 
But wait, next year April, I will be going to TAIWAN hor!! 

Can't wait to eat their crispy chicken and 'ai yu bing' already.. 
My night time sweetie supper before of to bed, oops no, it's before mask time. 
If you are going to Guangzhou or any place in China in future, remember to buy more masks to apply when you are there, it's becuase their weather is abit wet so it's the best time to moisture your skin under this kind of perfect weather. 




First day loots, not really much is because we spend most of our times looking for a hotel room and places we wants to go which is ' Shang Xia Jiu' street. 

The MG masks that I've mention is in the picture as well if you spotted it. 
Bought SpongeBob Pajamas at only $8 for 1 pair. 
3 pairs of socks like Muji's quality at only $2
Phone case and phone sticker at $3 each. 
EModa inspiring platform heels at only $18 per pair.
All clothes above are all between the price of $10-$18.


Goodnight peeps..Thanks for reading =))



A selca taken before I off to bed when Im in Guangzhou. 
Stay tune for Day 2 in Guangzhou =)

Please Follow me :

Instagram : @joweykong 
Facebook : www.facebook.com/ohfanaticjo
Twitter : www.twitter.com/joweykong 
NuffnangX : Ohfanatic-Jo 




No comments: